Monday, July 1, 2013

Blessed Be The Name Of The Lord

For those who have not yet heard, my mom has FINALLY gotten an official diagnosis. For years, she's been getting sicker and sicker, and none of the doctors could figure out what was wrong with her. The past 2 years have been the hardest, as she progressed quickly from using a cane, to a walker, to a wheelchair. The muscle degeneration and spasticity took hold of her so quickly it made our heads spin. We had no idea what was wrong with her. Most of the doctors had just given up on her, and those who could have helped us had a 6 month or more waiting list. We didn't even know if she would be able to make it 6 months without help. Long story short, God opened the door for her to go to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota within the month. She and my dad got back yesterday after being there for 2 weeks.
She has been diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) and Multiple Sclerosis. She is one of only 7 documented cases in the world with this combination. We always knew she was special, but she is literally one in a billion! Although there is no treatment or cure for ALS, we will not let this take away our hope. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, and He has chosen to take her mobility, so may He be glorified and His name be blessed.

Although this is the hardest trial I have ever had to face, I have NEVER in my life felt so loved, so cared for, & SO incredibly blessed. THANK YOU to my friends, my coworkers, & my church family. Thank you all for simply being here with me & making yourselves available to my family. Thank you for the calls, the emails, the small encouraging texts, the visits & most of all, the prayers. You have truly been an example of Christ to me, and I hope that someday God will use me to minister to a hurting person the way He has used every one of you.
Blessings on each and every one of you & your families.
Mikaela


1 comment:

  1. Hello MK. I am glad to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad that I could stop by your blog Bloved2:10" and the post on it " Blessed be the name of the Lord" You are indeed a God's poem as you have rightly described in your profile. I am encouraged to go through your profile too. Well I would like to share with you about an opportunity you can avail by go to Mumbai, India on a missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai on a short term missions trip during your summer vacation time. I am in the Pastoral ministry and our church is involved in reaching out to the poorest of poor living in the slums of Mumbai a city where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to them with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come on a short term missions trip to work with us during their summer vacation. We would love to have you come with your friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete